Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What to do with an old baby wrap?

I was trying to think of creative ways to use a few old baby wraps I have lying around and I came up with this. We're redoing the basement's drop ceiling so I have access to the guts of the ceiling. I tied the wrap in a loop to a 2 by 4 in the ceiling. Voila. Instant indoor swing.

Michael likes to lay in it on his tummy and twist himself around until the swing won't turn any more. Then he picks up his feet and twists until he's so dizzy he can't stand. Ava likes to sit in it and be twisted and left to untwist, or to be pushed in traditional swing style. At the moment these activities are closely supervised because Ava sometimes gets tangled in the swing when she tries to get out on her own. I pick it up out of their reach when I'm not in the room.

It's a ton of fun though and certainly a better use of an old baby wrap than leaving it lying folded in a drawer.

Here's a picture of Ava in the new swing. Sorry it is so blurry. The swing was moving pretty fast. At least it gives you the idea. And just for fun, here's a picture of Ava in a different baby wrap when she was only three weeks old.

If anyone has any other great ideas for what to do with an old baby wrap, speak up. I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics