Monday, March 28, 2011

Nutriiveda for Apraxia?

So I was doing a bit of reading at the CHERAB website. This non-profit organization was founded by Lisa Geng who is one of the authors of The Late Talker book. I came across a page I linked to through their site with glowing anecdotal reviews about a new (to me) nutritional supplement. This site has been collecting testimonials and surveys from parents who have tried Nutriiveda and most have been positive.

I had never heard of it before, so I did a little web searching and discovered that this product is being primarily marketed as a meal replacement / weight loss product. That fact alone initially turned me off. I kept researching though. I came across this testimonial on a personal blog by another mom with a child who has apraxia. I re-read the description of the product and the information on the CHERAB website.

My decision about whether or not to try the product came down to two main points. First, just like with Omega-3 fish oils, there seems to be no downside and the possibility of hope. I hate to not try something that might help. Second, Ava is going through a terrible picky eater stage. She won’t eat any meat other than an occasional chicken nugget or fish stick and any veggie other than a carrot stick with dip. Supplementing her with something that has a great nutritional supplement aspect is appealing. One serving has 3 grams of fiber, 20 grams of protein, 100% of many vitamins and minerals, and only 5 grams of sugar.

So I ordered some. I’ll let you know what I think when I get it, and if and how it works over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics